Chess-inspired puzzle roguelike. Demo – single IAP unlocks full game.
The ad-free demo contains a single character and dungeon.
Pawnbarian is a turn-based puzzle roguelike with bite-sized, but challenging sessions. Play cards to control your hero like a chess piece on a tiny dungeon board, outmaneuver enemies with their assortment of tricky abilities, and become the mightiest warrior of the Chesslands!
– Use a deck of chess pieces to hack and slash through hordes of monsters.
– Pick up the basics instantly if you’re familiar with chess, or learn in minutes if you aren’t.
– Carefully plan your moves to navigate challenging, emergent tactical situations.
– Spend treasure to upgrade your cards with additional powers.
– Blitz through quick 15-30 minute runs – or die trying.
– Take on the infinite post-run Gauntlet to see how long you can survive.
– Pick from 6 characters to conquer 3 dungeons, all requiring an unique approach.
– Progress through Chains, a series of extra difficulty modifiers.
– No permanent upgrades, and not much that needs unlocking. The progress and satisfaction come from your growing mastery of the game’s elegant systems!
– No complex and varied builds. The shops provide a few key decisions, but the bulk of the roguelike depth lies in how you approach the emergent combat puzzles!